Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Are all aftermarket performance downpipes created equal ?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2023, 08:55 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E55
Are all aftermarket performance downpipes created equal ?

Quality of build ?
Inside diameter ?
Performance gains ?
Old 03-11-2023, 12:39 PM

Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
2016 Mercedes S63 4matic sedan
My vehicle is a 2016 S63 AMG 4matic. I ended up with Renntech down pipes with 200 cell sport catalysts, which I paired with the Renntech stainless steel sport mufflers with electronic valves (it works with the factory actuators and button inside the car). No issues and fitment is spot on. I did all the work myself. I chose them due to my dealer pushes their products, and some of the other competitors' systems have so many pipes. I feel that could lead to leaks. The Renntech system replaced the same number of pipes I took off basically. Maybe at a later date I may order a set of cat less down pipes, however I am very happy with what I have. Other supporting mods I got at the same time are BlackBoost cold air intake system, Renntech diverter valve, Eurocharged stage 1 TCU tune, Eurocharged stage 2 ECU tune, and Spool Performance upgraded inlet pipes. I have not had a chance to dyno the vehicle. As the shop I am going to only takes appointments and they are only open during the week. I feel the car sounds and runs fantastic. I have had no issues whatsoever. I have not had a great evening to try Draggy out due to the weather. Currently it is raining. Vehicle has approximately 56,000 miles. I believe I installed the parts around 48,000 miles. Love the vehicle more and more. One day, would like the BlackBoost turbos and possibly A built engine from Taso, in addition to a built transmission. I was going to get the AMS carbon air filter system however they could not guarantee it would work on an S63. I was also going to get the Renntech carbon air filter boxes, however they were discontinued or supply was very limited at the time. I love the BlackBoost cold air intake system. Added WOW factor when the hood is popped at car meets.