Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

M113 MAXX ecu tuning

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-16-2023, 07:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nissan 240sx with an M113 AMG swap.
Exclamation M113 MAXX ecu tuning

Hello Everyone! I have built a Nissan 240sx with an E55 AMG M113 swap running Maxx ecu. I have gotten the car to start but am completely stumped on how to tune for a few issues I am having.
- The car has an extremely high idle. ~2,000 rpm. MAP pressures read at about 11.5 of map when idling. We smooke tested the motor and found one small leak at injector 1 but figured it wasn't enough to cause this. No fuel leaks either.
- Electronic throttle calibration. We are really struggling to tune the electronic throttle and get it calibrated with ecu. When we turn the throttle body off entirely it will lower rpm to about 1,500rpm idle.
- Cam sensor settings: We have tuned all the settings to a point where we believe they are happy, but every once in a while we will receive an ecu error code.

- Really what i'm looking for is to see if anyone has a base map tune for the M113 for maxx ecu specifically.
I'm also new to MB world so still trying to figure out how to attach video of the motor doing it's thing along with tune settings.
Thanks a billion in advance!
Old 11-16-2023, 08:01 AM

Received 148 Likes on 96 Posts
ML 63 AMG
Originally Posted by clutchkickkenny;[url=tel:8877832
8877832]Hello Everyone! I have built a Nissan 240sx with an E55 AMG M113 swap running Maxx ecu. I have gotten the car to start but am completely stumped on how to tune for a few issues I am having.
- The car has an extremely high idle. ~2,000 rpm. MAP pressures read at about 11.5 of map when idling. We smooke tested the motor and found one small leak at injector 1 but figured it wasn't enough to cause this. No fuel leaks either.
- Electronic throttle calibration. We are really struggling to tune the electronic throttle and get it calibrated with ecu. When we turn the throttle body off entirely it will lower rpm to about 1,500rpm idle.
- Cam sensor settings: We have tuned all the settings to a point where we believe they are happy, but every once in a while we will receive an ecu error code.

- Really what i'm looking for is to see if anyone has a base map tune for the M113 for maxx ecu specifically.
I'm also new to MB world so still trying to figure out how to attach video of the motor doing it's thing along with tune settings.
Thanks a billion in advance!
What are you using for tuning hardware? If it’s HP Tuners you can jump on their forum and ask for help. There are a couple of tuners there who do remote tunes.

https://forum.hptuners.com/forumdisplay.php?86-Mercedes
Old 11-16-2023, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
nissan 240sx with an M113 AMG swap.
Maxx ecu has it's own hardware. I've been trying to find some base maos on the maxx ecu forums but haven't found anything.
The following users liked this post:
Joshinator99 (11-16-2023)