Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

C230K Turbo Project

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2004, 08:50 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C230k Coupe
C230K Turbo Project

My apologies, because I have been unable to PM two of the three(lynn,kleeman,renncpe) folks I wished to address this to I must post this message here .

I am contacting you after reviewing several of your posts regarding ECU fuel and timming settings. Based upon the information you shared about this and other fuel managemnt topics I am hopping that you can assist me.

I began a project 1 year ago that involved a conversion of a stock 02 c230k (6pd manual) to a completely custom turbo set up. The process has been met with many ups and downs but generally has been sucessfull.

We are now faced with our final and greatest hurdle, that being the factory fuel management. Problem 1: factory ECU detecting more air volume from the turbo system and sending the system into "limp Mode" (mas air voltage 4.3v when this occurs)Solution: Developed a device with Active Autowerks that alters the reading just prior to limp mode. works perfectly) Problem2: Based on our calculation the factory fuel injection should supply enough fuel for up to 200 whp without supplimental fuel needs. Despite our calculations after dynotesting the system seems to pull out either fuel and or timing.

My questions is:do you believe the factory adjustable fuel and ignition settings could play some part in what we're experiencing, if so what what adjustments would you make? To see the car and read the details please follow this link:
http://www.mbklasse.com/forums/showt...&threadid=8546

By the way we have the car set up with a supplimental injection system, however the car is demanding an excessively high volume of fuel(twinn 1600cc @ 80% capacity) to maintain an acceptable A/R for only 12psi of boost. This could also be an ECU issue.

Thanks In Advance.
Speedwerx
Old 11-13-2004, 05:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
so your the guy with the turbo C230K around town that I have been hearing about!!!! How bout trying to use a standalone system?
Old 11-13-2004, 07:11 PM

C230k Coupe
Well, I'm not sure that depends on what you've been hearing:-)

Yes, a standalone system is definitely an option, quite frankly I am currently linning up things to ultimately go that route. However, my initial goal with this project was to produce a system which was simple, professionally done and maintained as much of the factory components as possible.

This while also offering a viable alternative both practically and financially to those which were considering an engine swap. Currently there are 9 commerades which are following my progress closely with hopes of it's complete success in order to spawn a kit.

So this labor of love is not my own.

- Speedwerx
Old 11-14-2004, 01:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
Originally Posted by Speedwerx
Well, I'm not sure that depends on what you've been hearing:-)

Yes, a standalone system is definitely an option, quite frankly I am currently linning up things to ultimately go that route. However, my initial goal with this project was to produce a system which was simple, professionally done and maintained as much of the factory components as possible.

This while also offering a viable alternative both practically and financially to those which were considering an engine swap. Currently there are 9 commerades which are following my progress closely with hopes of it's complete success in order to spawn a kit.

So this labor of love is not my own.

- Speedwerx

id love to check out the progress sometime!!! what kinda #s are you producing at the wheel?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 AM

C230k Coupe
current numbers are 258hp & 280tq @ 11.5psi
Old 11-17-2004, 04:28 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 GLC 300, '19 TM3SR+
Great numbers! Please DO keep us posted!!!
Old 11-17-2004, 09:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
very impressive... especiallly on the coupe!!!! is it a stock bottom end?
Old 11-17-2004, 09:50 AM

C230k Coupe
Yes the engine and transmission are completely stock. I don't believe the cars drivetrain will provide any issues up to our goal level of 16psi. Upon my initial investigation regarding the internals I was told by a 1 or 2 tuners in germany that the 2.3L pistons are indeed forged. Because the car is not taken very seriously by many of the MB tuners here in the states technical information was/is dificult to obtain.

Of course because of the additional Hp an upgraded clutch system is will be needed. I am in the process of having developed a custom lightwight flywheel set up also a upgraded kevlar clutch capable of keeping 400whp to the ground. This set up will be very similiar to the one I run on my Porsche 911 Turbo(425whp). Now that I mentioned my 911, I have been chatting through PM with a couple of folks here regarding my auto endeavors and have recieved a couple of request for pix of my 911 so i am including some images.

Speedwerx
Attached Thumbnails C230K Turbo Project-911-page-photoshop2_04.jpg   C230K Turbo Project-911-page-photoshop2_06.jpg   C230K Turbo Project-911-page-photoshop2_08.jpg  

Last edited by Speedwerx; 11-17-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-17-2004, 05:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Cars and boats!
very sweet.... we should meet up sometime, id like to discuss some things with you!!!