Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Kleeman supercharger...or a new car?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-01-2002, 02:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 540iT, 2019 BMW X3m40i, 2001 BMW 325i, 1999 C230K Sport
Kleeman supercharger...or a new car?

Arggghh, decisions decisions! I'm wondering whether to get a Kleemann Supercharger and accessories for our CLK 320. It's either that or spend that near near $15,000 as a down payment for a new Lexus IS300 or BMW 3series or Acura CL for college.

hehehe, i probably won't be able to drive the CLK to college, but just knowing that it has some 330 hp under the hood is very appealing.

How long does it take to install the supercharger? How many days will they have my car?

I can't believe it...there's a authorized Kleemann installation shop only 10 minutes away from where i live....Oooohh it's so darn tempting!!! Maybe i'll go check it out tomorrow.
Old 06-01-2002, 04:37 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Goldeni245:

Personally, I like the CLK better than the other cars mentioned. With the added power, you'd likely be much happier with your car's performance as well. Installation and testing typically takes a week, and at the end you get a dyno of your before and after HP & Torque levels. I'm an authorized dealer in California. Send me an email, ben@evosport.com. I'd be happy to meet up with you and demonstrate why Kleemann is the best!

Thanks

Ben
Old 06-01-2002, 03:36 PM

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
2003 BMW 540iT, 2019 BMW X3m40i, 2001 BMW 325i, 1999 C230K Sport
Thanks!

I don't live in Southern California...at least not yet, i'll be moving down there in the fall. But for now, i'll go check out the Kleemann dealer in my neighborhood, but thanks for the info Ben, i appreciate it. When i'm down in LA, i'll give you a ring.

Oh yeah, just a quick question...if I add a Kleemann Supercharger on my CLK320, will that void my warranty with my Mercedes-Benz dealer since I modified the existing car/engine?
Old 06-01-2002, 06:44 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is illegal for any manufacturer to void your warranty simply because you have used an aftermarket part.

Having said that, if you have a problem with your engine, your Mercedes dealer will most likely say it's because of the supercharger. You would then have a battle with them to prove who's fault it is. Kleemann has never had any engine or drivetrain problems, and while it would be a fight, you could win.

Are you coming to school down here in the fall? If so, what school? If you plan on visiting before then, give me a ring, I'd be happy to take you for a drive.

Thanks

Ben