Performance Upgrades & Tuning Discuss general performance and tuning enhancements for your Mercedes-Benz.

Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Supersprint

Nitrious on a CLK55 / 430 information

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-22-2005, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G500,toyota supra, 67corvette,05 pathfinder
Nitrious on a CLK55 / 430 information

ok i searched and everyone is it migt do this and it might do that. I know the pros and cons, it just like any other modification. chances are you stuff will brake.

Now with that out of the way for the few that have spraied a 55 or 430 engine how did it work and did it live.

Also if you used a wet kit did you tap it below the mass air meter or did you go direct port.

thanks
Shawn

Last edited by Kerr; 02-22-2005 at 12:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2005, 02:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

W210, W220, W163, W164, C6
Originally Posted by Kerr
ok i searched and everyone is it migt do this and it might do that. I know the pros and cons, it just like any other modification. chances are you stuff will brake.

Now with that out of the way for the few that have spraied a 55 or 430 engine how did it work and did it live.

Also if you used a wet kit did you tap it below the mass air meter or did you go direct port.

thanks
Shawn
There's an ongoing thread below that has some valuable info, Chevota is spraying on a CLK320 pls check his post.

As for nozzle placement, 2-6 inches before the throttle body. The location of the nozzle will dictate the location of the solenoids since your limited by the 12 inch nozzle feed lines. Basically, you remove the air inlet tube and drill a 3/16" hole in the location you have chosen for the nozzle placement. This area should be as flat as possible to assure proper sealing of the nozzle. Use a silicone RTV sealer, apply a thin bead around the nozzle threads and the discharged should be pointing towards the throttle body.

Direct port is a sure way to feed a 100 shot or above per-cylinder basis, and since our intake runners uses short & long designs, mixture is distributed better.
Old 02-23-2005, 04:05 PM

good deal. you ever seen a direct port kit on one... thinking about spraying a CLK55..
Old 02-25-2005, 12:18 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

good deal. you ever seen a direct port kit on one... thinking about spraying a CLK55..
No, I've yet to see a direct port kit on an MB. This would be rare as most MB owners don't want to push the N20 envelope on their precious engine, also labor cost is a factor. I know of a few shops here in So Cal that charge up to $4K for a single fogger setup, the leverage they have over others are the tech installers also work for MB. Nice..keep me posted with your nitro 55 results, as I'm still debating on my boost & juice project.
Old 02-25-2005, 09:32 AM

sounds good, he would do the install our self. over the years he has good and bad luck with the spay. last big shot was a on a biscane (sp) with 396 that was 30 over.... anyway it finally came appart on 400 shot. It would not have been that bad but drew (ownder didnt let out) running a full race 442 one night. car started to brake up in 3ed then came appart in 4th, it put the rings in the oil pan But there is a difference in old school play toys with spray and german stuff with spray. Im not sure it will be on a 55 or a 430 he had a 55 bought the other day and the guy backed out. Ill keep you posted.
Old 02-27-2005, 09:15 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

sounds good, he would do the install our self. over the years he has good and bad luck with the spay. last big shot was a on a biscane (sp) with 396 that was 30 over.... anyway it finally came appart on 400 shot. It would not have been that bad but drew (ownder didnt let out) running a full race 442 one night. car started to brake up in 3ed then came appart in 4th, it put the rings in the oil pan But there is a difference in old school play toys with spray and german stuff with spray. Im not sure it will be on a 55 or a 430 he had a 55 bought the other day and the guy backed out. Ill keep you posted.
Ouch...sorry to hear about the blown motor! It's no magic, nitrous will make an engine come alive but also scream for mercy. Great stuff, I look fwd to hearing more about your install soon.
Old 10-17-2005, 03:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
Any update on this?
Old 12-10-2005, 07:55 PM

nitrous

I had awesome luck with Nitrousdirect, they custom built me one sweet nitrous system with dual bottles for my CL. When i talked to them they were interested in developing kits specifically for the benz.. said they love the power potential.. you might want to give them a shout nitrous direct
Old 12-19-2005, 04:20 PM

No update, this was going to be for his wife, but they split, so the newer benz is out of the question..

It should work but for the moeny a turbo would be more fun. I just cant find anyone that is willing to tune a benz after parts are on.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:21 PM

WOW I'd have to say a turbo is WAY more expensive and a huge hassle.. that's very brave...

Anyways sorry to hear about the split
Old 12-20-2005, 12:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LS7 powered Corvette
Turbo benz, now you are talking.

Nitrous is fine and dandy as long as you are using a quantity that the stock parts can handle. As long as it is setup properly and dynotested for a/f mainly you should be good. Problem is in using bottle, I don't know of any easy way to retard the timing accordingly with a benz.

I would love to build a 211 E55 with a single 76mm, using a custom manifold and the factory air-to-water cooler with the upgraded cooler pumps, maybe an aftermarket cooler. Maybe even seperate the intercooler circuit completely for use of icewater when at the track.

Another badass combo would be a larger displacement twinscrew blower like a KenneBell. I still think the stock intake tract is the biggest bottle neck of the factory setup on the Kompressor cars.

I've got a 430 motor. Maybe I'll slap it together with some good parts, throw a single T on it and drop it into a different chassis using a standalone to tune it or something.