Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

water pump

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
77 300d, 92 190e 2.6
water pump

jondaboll
IMy 92 190e was running close to the red in traffic, fine on the freeway. I flushed the system and put a new thermostat in, and no change. I tightened the belt and lighned up the arrow on the belt tensioner with the adjacent line. I went for a drive and the car was cool because air movement thru Radiator. The coolant level light came on. pulled into my garage and noticed that collant was leaking every where on the floor. Iafter an hour or so trying to find leak, I pinned it underneath the water pump.where one of the bolts attach to the block, it looks as if it is coming out of there or is running down from under the pump where I cant see. Please help me.I think I cabn tackle this on my own. Did I screw somthiong up adjusting the belt? Is there a diagram I can get to show me how to on water pump replace.? is there a gasket or o ring that maybe got hot and causing water to escape?