Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

How To: Post Pictures on mbWorld

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-01-2005, 12:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
How To: Post Pictures on mbWorld

A lot of people ask how to post pictures on MBWorld. Thing is, although the built-in feature is fantastic, it only allows a specific resolution of a picture, that means you can't have it as big as you want. That sucks, especially with all the technology advances these days with bigger monitors and better digital cameras, that's where external hosting comes in play.

So I have this picture right, and it's called DSC02939.JPG straight from the camera. Infact, I just took this picture a few weeks ago and I just now put it on the computer. Chances are, if you also just did the same thing, the image will be enourmous in size of kilobytes (how much space they take up) and resolution (how big they appear on the screen). 99.9% of the time, both are too much. So what's the easiest and quickest way to fix this. Believe it or not, Microsoft has a solution for us. It's called the Microsoft PowerToy Image Resizer. You can get it here. Now when you run the setup, it's very discreet, you don't even know anything happened. Trick is though, you'll have another special option when you right click images. Watch.

(Note: You can select more than one image at a time, I usually do a few hundred at a time when I'm off loading from the camera, but for the sake of this tutorial, I'm doing it one at a time)

Once you click 'Resize Pictures', you get this menu.

Now I've clicked the 'Advanced' button so you get the exact same stuff as I do. Usually I resize my pictures in the following way.

I select the bubble next to medium (because it's a reasonably nice size and yet isn't too big) and check the second checkbox 'Resize the original pictures'.

Warning: By selecting the second checkbox, you've pretty much said, "RESIZE THE ONES I'VE SELECTED AND DON'T MAKE COPIES". Be careful how you use that, because you don't want to shrink your favorite pictures that you only have one copy of!

After we resize the pictures we'll notice it's much smaller. Before I resized the picture DSC02939.JPG was 560KB and 1280*960. What that means is it took half a megabyte of disk space (that's a lot, it's around a 20 second upload with cable internet) and was massive. That's bigger then the average 17" monitor.

The stats afterward are as follows: 44KB and 800*600. As you can see, we've made it a little less then 1 / 10th of the original size diskspace wise, and we've only made the picture margianlly smaller, and better suited for the internet for sharing.

Now what do we do with this resized photo?

Upload it of course on a stable server that allows hotlinking. I know just the place.

www.imageshack.us

Their site is pretty much self explanatory.
Go to their site, click browse, select the image you want to upload, and then press upload.

After you've uploaded it you'll have a variety of links to click depending on your situation. Just go ahead and do this one.

Hotlink for forums (1)

For me, when I clicked that spot, it highlighted all of the link, so I pressed 'CTRL+C' which copies what I've highlighted to my clipboard.

Then I pasted it here in this box.

And there you have it, an image gone from the camera onto the website. BTW: That's my baby cousin from India, he's such a pimp.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 560 SEC
Old 10-26-2016, 07:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes GL 500 2014
uploading and resizing images

It works!! how can i make image smaller!

Last edited by ibrahim32; 10-26-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Im trying to resize my image
Old 10-26-2016, 07:49 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,351 Likes on 2,807 Posts
2012 CLS63
how about copy and paste, way easier