Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

censorship

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2002, 11:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry censorship

It seems the mods of this board are mad with me for supplying info about an oil that i use and represent. it seems that I or anyone else here is not supposed to provide info about products that they may be affiliated with. I ask you do you want a board with constant censorship or do you want a board that has info to quality products in the marketplace? I think by allowing the mods to delete posts etc with this info in it is censorship, plain and simple. this is america afterall. i can see if i was posting bogus info but i wasnt. let them know how you feel! actually im sure this post will be erased or locked also.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 VW GTI
as far as i know you're free to recommend products, you just can't consistently sound like an advertisement or put it in your sig. it's censorship, but this is a privately owned forum, not a public arena.

don't bite the hand that feeds you.
Old 10-16-2002, 11:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

GLB 250 4matic
not sure what you are talking about. post it in the forum help, or something - mr. vanos is the moderator of that forum.

suggestions & feedback forum...

--

btw, generally, other forums LOCK threads w/ the info either deleted/replaced and a message on why it was locked. this is better than just deleting the post.

Last edited by young; 10-16-2002 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-16-2002, 12:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 S
I love it when people don't understand that when they claim censorship/free speech, it doesn't apply in a private forum. You are free to say what you want in your own forum. Go ahead and start one. Private forums have their own policies in place and don't accede to the whims of anybody.

Ed
Old 10-16-2002, 12:48 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
First of all, you have violated the MBWorld.org Terms of Service. We don't have many rules here, and we are very lenient with our moderation, however, we do not allow anyone to violate the TOS.

What you are not telling people is that you are infact a salesmen for the motor oil company, you are not a consumer posting what you think about it. In other words, you are blatantly advertising your product on MBWorld, this is a clear violation of the TOS. If you want to advertise your product, you must be a sponsor of the website.

To be able to run a massive website like this, the hosting fees and whatnot are absolutely exorbitant. We must enforce these simple rules in order to keep this website running.

If you would like information about becoming a site sponsor, please e-mail simon@evosport.com.

MBWorld.org is a private forum, and if you had taken the time to read the rules, you would note that it clearly states "The owners and administrators of MBWorld.org Forums have the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason."

When you signed up on MBWorld, you agreed to abide by the Terms of Service.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 10-16-2002 at 02:59 PM.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Location: Sitting behind thing freakin desk of mine. Dreaming I was playing my Taylors, and driving my Benz. Long Live The VRAA!!!!!!
C230 Sports Coupe
now I can say I like renntech, red line oil, Brabus, ASP whatever I want becuaseI DON'T WORK FOR THEM!!!
What is so hard to understand about that? Its in the rules of the forum, you should have read them and you agreed to them.
Old 10-16-2002, 02:54 PM
Admin Alumni

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
See Garage
You have made 42 posts on this forum to date. On the four threads where lubrication was the topic, your response was terse, and pointedly commercial, such as this example from the "Should I Change My Oil Early" thread...

Originally posted by nov0798
i change mine every 25000 miles.
>www.syntheticoil.mycompnay.com<
Since you have chosen to take this matter to the membership at large, I will repeat what I've said to you privately. Posts like this that do nothing to add to the discussion but instead are blatantly intended to sell a product, are not allowed on this forum. If everyone were allowed to do this, 60% of the posts here would have to be read with an undercurrent of commercial motive, rather than well-meaning advice.

Originally posted by nov0798
i can see if i was posting bogus info but i wasnt.
Regarding whether the information you impart is factual or not, is another story... I frankly don't know anyone on this forum who would drive 25,000 miles between oil changes, no matter what snakeoil is in the crankcase.

young, we don't delete threads here, unless they are offensive. I've not deleted a thread yet, but I've closed a few, like Accord and I have closed this one.

Last edited by MB-BOB; 10-16-2002 at 03:01 PM.