Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

300E console lights, clock, radio dome light died

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes 1990 300E
300E console lights, clock, radio dome light died

I recently purchased a 1990 300E. My 2nd MB. Had a 219 in the 60's. Just did a 1500 mile road trip and it runs GREAT! 27.5 mpg! Before the trip the sun visor retainer clips were replaced. Immediately after replacing the clips, the dome light, seat belt indicator, etc quit working or at times started to flash. The radio and clock died, but after maybe 20 minutes on the road they came back on, but the code needed to be entered for the radio, also the mirror lights on the visor began working. Same scenario each time the ignition was turned off. Finally the console lights quit and all of the above failed to come back. The fuses are OK. Could this be a relay? But why would it work after 20 minutes? The rear stop light is supposed to be on this same fuse, but it works. Also the emergency flasher does not work but it appears to be on another circuit. Where do I start?
Old 08-28-2007, 02:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
2005 S500 4-Matic, 1978 450SL
I just came across this request, Gene300E, because I don't spend much time in this particular forum. The "Forum Questions & Help" is for help on problems with the forum itself, not your car. I hope you have already re-posted on the W124 forum and gotten some help. If not, try your post there or on the Tech Talk forum.