Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

PLEASE HELP: Received 2 speeding tickets at the same evening in 2 different couties

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Honda Accord EX 4Cyl.
Question PLEASE HELP: Received 2 speeding tickets at the same evening in 2 different couties

Hey guyz...worst day and ever happened in my life. I just received 2 speeding tickets in an hour in two different counties (Paso Robles and Kern). Can someone gives me some advices what should I do? I was driving on hwy 101 S. back to LA from San Jose yesterday. I used a Garmin navigator in my nokia n95 and it showed me the way back home by using hwy 101 S. and exit CA-46 to hwy 5 N. While I was driving on 101S, I got pulled over at 91mph of 65 (speed limit sign stated 70) before I exit CA-46 to 5N. The officer came and asked me, "Do you know the speed limit? I responded it was 70mph. He told me, they just changed it to 65mph two months ago. So, he gave me a speeding ticket. It was in Paso Robles county.

After I got my 1st ticket, I exited hwy 101S to CA-46 as the navigator showed me. The road was very quiet and dark on hwy 46. While I was driving on hwy 46, out of certain, there was a car in an opposite side made a U-turn and turned on the light at me. At that time, I knew that a Cop. So, I stoped and pulled over the side. The police officer came and asked me the same question "Do you know the speed limit? I told him that I didn't see any speed limit sign since the road was very dark. He continued to ask me, "You haven't even seen a single sign along the way? I told him NO. He told me that the speed limit was 55mph and told me that I was driving 78mph over the speed limit. So, he wrote me a ticket. It was in Kern county.

Can someone please give me some advices what should I do? Thanks in advance!.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:52 AM
Administrator

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
MPG+ ROLFCOPTER
Slow down
Old 12-31-2008, 07:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Lets see......you were 21 mph over on the first violation,23 mph over in the second violation ( I think you made a mistake when you said the officer "told me I was 78mph over the limit - that would be 133mph) in a 4 cyclinder Honda.You drove the car,now you pay the price.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:59 AM

Honda Accord EX 4Cyl.
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Lets see......you were 21 mph over on the first violation,23 mph over in the second violation ( I think you made a mistake when you said the officer "told me I was 78mph over the limit - that would be 133mph) in a 4 cyclinder Honda.You drove the car,now you pay the price.
26mph over on my first violation and 23mph over in the second violation. I think I will take my time off to drive up there to attend two courts and try to ask for traffic school for both. What do you guys think? Any other advice? Thanks.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
98 Black C43 , 08' ML320 CDI ,11 E63
Originally Posted by elau982
26mph over on my first violation and 23mph over in the second violation. I think I will take my time off to drive up there to attend two courts and try to ask for traffic school for both. What do you guys think? Any other advice? Thanks.
Anything's possible in California.......remember...OJ walked.
Old 01-01-2009, 12:30 AM

Honda Accord EX 4Cyl.
Originally Posted by C43AMG
Anything's possible in California.......remember...OJ walked.
Do you know how much for the fine for 26mph (paso robles) and 23mph (kern)? By the way, what is the OJ walked?