Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

*** ANDY**MHP**ANDY***

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 12:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS63
*** ANDY**MHP**ANDY***

ANDY (MHP) IS A SPONSOR. Let him back in man. A sponsor pays good $$ to be a Sponsor. How can one sponsor kick off another Think about it for a minute ...

HELLO
Old 01-20-2009, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
a quarter mile at a time
Originally Posted by rarfinancial
ANDY (MHP) IS A SPONSOR. Let him back in man. A sponsor pays good $$ to be a Sponsor. How can one sponsor kick off another Think about it for a minute ...

HELLO
he didn't get kicked off by another sponsor.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

CLS63
I'll keep quiet on this...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
E-ZGO 53hp., 1999 E 430 sport, 2004 E 55, 2008 Tahoe LTZ on 24"s
I can't believe you brought it up
Old 01-20-2009, 01:21 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
From what I understand, Andy has chosen to no longer post even when his suspension is lifted. At least, this is what he told me a week or so ago...perhaps he has changed his mind...
Old 01-20-2009, 01:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55 ///AMG
Originally Posted by LZH
From what I understand, Andy has chosen to no longer post even when his suspension is lifted. At least, this is what he told me a week or so ago...perhaps he has changed his mind...
I don't think it is physically/mentally possible for Andy...anymore so than the rest of us that have this addiction to MBWorld.
Old 01-20-2009, 02:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
I don't post quite as much as others on MBworld, but it seems to have gotten real political here lately. Im a member on a couple other forums and have seen this happen as well. Just let people speak their minds (so long as it's respectful and not too dergrading). If it's something negative about a sponsor, let both sides tell their story, then close the thread. There are always two sides to one story, once both are heard (if both choose to respond), then shut it down and move on.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Rick,

Let me ask you a question since you seem to have strong feelings:
Is it ok for a sponsor to violate the rules, just because he pays?

That is what you are implying very clearly.

If that was allowed, then what would stop the wealthier users from just being sponsors? Then they could just do whatever they wanted.

If that is what you are saying, then I have a big problem with that. Three users were suspended for 2 weeks. All three were equally at fault as seen from the ENTIRE moderation team and the owners.

This has nothing to do with one sponsor or another. This has to do with the site rules and forum etiquette.

Quite simply, being a sponsor has never and will never make one above the rules. That would not be fair or just to the users, who are just as important as the sponsors.

While I appreciate the question, the method and manner that you asked it is highly suspect and simply put, it was done in a manner that appears to be nothing more then an attempt to create even MORE bickering, fighting, flaming, etc. - just the reasons that those three were suspended in the first place.

The site owneres have made it clear that they will not stand for this any longer. We (the admins) gave certain users a lot of room to debate, but the debate turned into site chaos. Mods want/wanted to quit, owners wanted more bans and the admins have simply had enough.

Those that cannot play by the rules that 100,000+ others can follow will not not be here - period. Sponsor or not.

thanks
Brad
Old 01-20-2009, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Founder

Originally Posted by Blk04cobra1
I don't post quite as much as others on MBworld, but it seems to have gotten real political here lately. Im a member on a couple other forums and have seen this happen as well. Just let people speak their minds (so long as it's respectful and not too dergrading). If it's something negative about a sponsor, let both sides tell their story, then close the thread. There are always two sides to one story, once both are heard (if both choose to respond), then shut it down and move on.
This is 100% the policy here. We will not delete threads at a sponsors request, but emplore them to respond professionally, then we can close the thread. The users can read for themselves and make a decision on their own.

However, when we have sponsors that are violating the rules, and they are part of a group of users who are creating problems, the sponsor will be treated equally with the users. We will not let the sponsor skate when users are punished for the same exact behavior.

Thanks
Brad
Old 01-20-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by LZH
From what I understand, Andy has chosen to no longer post even when his suspension is lifted.
Maybe God really does exist.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Scud E55
Old 01-20-2009, 05:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
CLS63 Designo Edition, Hyundai Genesis 3.8 , Veloster Turbo, CLS500(Sold), E320 (SMOKED) R500 (Sold)
Originally Posted by otoupalik
This is 100% the policy here. We will not delete threads at a sponsors request, but emplore them to respond professionally, then we can close the thread. The users can read for themselves and make a decision on their own.

However, when we have sponsors that are violating the rules, and they are part of a group of users who are creating problems, the sponsor will be treated equally with the users. We will not let the sponsor skate when users are punished for the same exact behavior.

Thanks
Brad
Very good, fair answer and mindset.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:38 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2002 S430, 2004 Cobra, 2004 Tahoe
Originally Posted by otoupalik

Thanks
Brad
Cool, it's not good for sponsors to take advantage either. Thanks for the clarification
Old 01-20-2009, 06:14 PM
LZH
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CLK 63 Black Series, 2009 S550, 2011 Range Rover Supercharged, BMW F800 GS Anniv Edition
Originally Posted by Scud E55

LOL - now THAT's some funny chit !!
Old 01-20-2009, 11:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 238 Likes on 184 Posts
R230 SL63 | W220 S55
So what exactly did he do to get suspended?
Old 01-21-2009, 01:32 PM
MBWorld Founder

The details of any user's infractions are strictly confidential. Many know as they were involved in the threads, however, this information is not public discussion by the admins/mods/owners. Simply put, the site rules were violated.

thanks
Brad