Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

climate control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-05-2009 | 12:35 AM

500 sec
Question climate control

the heater in my 126 is playing games with me. The rear vent vents cold air even when the fan is turned off even with the vent closed. The higher the fan setting, the higher the amount of cold air that gets blown through it. There must be a way to fix this. I put a new blower motor in 6 months ago and sometimes I turn on the heat and with the fan on low it blows hot air. and as long as I keep the fan on low it stays hot. If I turn the fan on high it blows hot for about 10 seconds then goes cold. The same thing happens with the fan in auto climate control setting. Sometimes I turn on the heater and the fan doesn't work at all ! Sometimes I turn on the heater and I hear the sound of water trickling, that seems to come from behind the climate control unit. It's not the heater core, it's not the fan motor. I asked an experienced mechanic who said that in all of his experience he's never had to replace a blower regulator. Why would the fan not come on at all sometimes? Sometimes when I'm stopped a red light the smell of burning oil comes through the fan? How does that get in? In the bottom? or in the top air intake in the middle of the firewall? This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have any ideas?
Old 03-05-2009 | 12:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'19 E63S sedan
This subforum is for questions about the forum software. You might do better if you post your question in the S-Class (W126) or Mercedes Tech Talk subforums.