Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

malfunction messages / 1998 E320 4matic

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 E320 4matic wagon
malfunction messages / 1998 E320 4matic

Hello,

I just bought a beautiful 1998 E3204matic wagon and am thrilled with it. Only 121K miles and runs great. I had a message come up on the dash, looking for input on it without going to expensive dealer. Looking for some help please.
It is a multiple message, shows "check engine" and "engine electronics" with the icon for multiple messages. I checked the fuel fill cap and it is as tight as it will go. I suspect fuel or vapor return lines, as these are showing a fair amount of rust at the turn by the rear shocks. I have seen the brake lines and they are all rusting, mostly at the clamps where they are held in place.
Also I have noticed a knocking sound that comes and goes at the ABS block. Not really loud, but makes me wary of it. Any ideas?
The front struts are not leaking , but need to be replaced. Also the rears, but these are leaking to some degree. Is this a big job to replace?
Please lemme know, Mike