Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

2005 E55 Supercharger Squeak

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 2005, Harley Road King 2004, Harley Sportster 2004, Mitsu Montero 1992, 38 Trawler 1983
2005 E55 Supercharger Squeak

Friends,

I took my car in two days ago for the supercharger squeak many of you have noticed. My service advisor first told me that it's normal and it wouldn't be fixed. After I protested they agreed to look at it and eventually told me they were going to replace the supercharger clutch. It was supposed to take a day to receive the new clutch. He called later to tell me that MB created a tool that will fix the noise. He didn't elaborate on the type of tool, but said it will take at least 4 weeks to receive it as they have not been shipped by MB. Apparently they released this new tool in February but no one in Germany or North America has one. Has anyone heard a similar story? Last, he said that the fix is much better than previous fixes.
Old 07-28-2009, 04:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mercedes E55 2005, Harley Road King 2004, Harley Sportster 2004, Mitsu Montero 1992, 38 Trawler 1983
supercharger squeak

The tool finally arrived and the car is now squeak free. The car is much more responsive. Any service advisor who tells you that there is no adverse effect from the squeak is wrong. Make them fix it!