Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

HELP!! Delayed acceleration when i need a quick getaway!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 06:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 W124 300e
HELP!! Delayed acceleration when i need a quick getaway!!

I have a 1986 Mercedes 300e W124 3.0 liter and I've recently encountered a problem - when i press the gas pedal to speed up quickly (i.e. on an on-ramp to a highway), the car delays before "accelerating". The acceleration itself is very jerky, and the only way i can fix it is by taking my foot off the gas, and accelerating slowly. It only seems to struggle when I hit the gas hard. I don't plan on fixing this myself, but I would like a diagnosis, if possible. Is she dying? i was told to get the carburetor professionally cleaned..what do you think?? please help!!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 06:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi Outlander 2012 AWD
No carb on this vehicle, I am going to take a educated guess for there are to many things ,first I would inspect distributor cap,date of overvoltage protection relay, also let us not overlook the quality of fuel
Old 10-06-2009, 07:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mitsubishi Outlander 2012 AWD
No carb on this vehicle, I am going to take a educated guess for there are to many things ,first I would inspect distributor cap,date of overvoltage protection relay, also let us not overlook the quality of fuel
Old 10-07-2009, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1986 W124 300e
Delayed acceleration

no carburetor?? its an 86 with 85000 miles i just bought it, only problem is the delayed acceleration..new spark plug and batttery
..i was surprised also to see this car had a carburetor.