Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Why 126 trunk could jam-

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1989 300 SE
Question Why 126 trunk could jam- edited: second thoughts.

Added note: It occured to me today: maybe this linkage was disconnected on purpose, so that the vacumn actuator doesnt engage it and then slip off, causing the trunk to be permanently locked?

This central-lock business is tricky and I don't think I fully understand it to be giving any advice!
If anyone really knows about it, please tell me- what should I do about this linkage, leave it disconnected?

It is a small L or Z shaped rod that ties to a ring behind and around the lock cylinder, when the trunk was unlocked and open the rod lined up with the ring all the way in the counterclockwise position.

This linkage was found to effect full lock travel and latch opening fully, but since it was unconnected, it doesnt seem to have any effect on the locking mechanism, so i guess I'm not sure if i should attach it now.

Maybe i should just leave it the way it is.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and what I should do, or is this a "take it to the dealer" situation?

Last edited by schurmann; 11-09-2009 at 02:25 AM. Reason: Maybe bad advice?