Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

01 CLK 430 sensor problems? Please help!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 05:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clk 430
01 CLK 430 sensor problems? Please help!!

First i would like to thank every one reading this for your time. I am new to this great forum and have learned a lot browsing and looking for a solution to my problem. After searching for a while I decided to see if any one can help me with my unique problem. my 2001 clk 430 has been getting bad MPG and now is starting to hesitate if i step on it fast. I can see the cable is tight and moving as it should but there is a delay to the motor. Also today i was rolling up to a red light, it turned green and i pushed the gas.... nothing... nothing... wow, hold on! I ran the codes and read:

1) P0101- MAF or VAF A CKT Range/Performance

2) P0221-(pending) TPS/pedal position sensor/ switch B CKT Range/Performance.

I have seen many post on this topic but none refering to these codes on a clk 430. my questions are:

1) are these related as they are only inches apart and they both tripped at basicly the same time?
2) should i start with cleaning the MAF and the throttle body and could a dirty throttle body trip code p0221?
3) is there some thing else that could be causing this?
4) the 2001 clk 430s dont have a tps in the pedal right or wrong?

I have received quotes for a new throttle body from MB for $780 with a new TPS attached and i can get a reman MAF for $280. i would like to go that route only if there is nothing else that can be causing these problems. i don't want to be $1000 down and still have the same problems. sorry this post it so long but i am new to this and i want to be detailed. I can do the labor my self... Im no expert but I am a good DIYer.

I really want my CLK back to normal!

Thanks so much!