Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Merc Care Leeds, definately do NOT care

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320 cdti limo
Unhappy Merc Care Leeds, definately do NOT care

I have a 2003 S320 cdti and it has been impeccable, 140k and still a dream but it has been recently sticking in park, after consulting this forum the problem seems common and easy enough to resolve.
So I contacted merc care of Leeds who have been maintaining my car this past few years, well what a shock to their attitude of not even wanting to TRY. their solution was simply replace the shift selector for £550, or could I go work for them as an engineer.... the cheek of it.
So, is there a local mercedes garage who is willing to do this mod or repair?????

If so recommend them, I have many friends who would have it done also
Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
06 C55, 09 E350
If they shifter gets stuck you replace it. Why would you expect them to repair it if there is no replacement parts available from the dealer?
Old 01-14-2010, 08:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S320 cdti limo
re Merc Care Leeds

Thanks for the post, what you say is true, but if (as is the general consensus) this is a fault that actually should be resolved in a better way than every few years paying £700 or $1300 because they don't want to sort it permanantly. Ultimately I will pay the money but if you get the chance just check the posts on this subject, I was enlightened. Today a local garage has said he is willing to strip it down and if he agrees that this is simple enough, wants to offer the conversion at a fair price to other car owners
Old 01-14-2010, 09:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E500, 2011 ML350
So you are angry that the MB dealer will not modify the shifter to remove the anti-theft shift lock? The dealer wants to FIX not BAND-AID your car.......