Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Help me!!....I need advice before I buy 2001 CL500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 cl55 amg
Help me!!....I need advice before I buy 2001 CL500

I own a 2003 CL55 that I adore. I ended up with the car by accident. I've owned it for several years and . I have a great warranty that I bought form Chrysler when I picked up the car. Luckily, I have had very small issues. In reality, I don't drive the car much. It only has 37,000 on it.

1.- I am thinking of picking up a 2001 CL500 as an everyday driver/semi-beater considering that fact that I would like to keep miles and wear and tear off my 55. I found a car that is in good shape, drives well, with just over 70K miles on it. It has very small issues that I can deal with(vanity mirror lights out, minor scratches, minor carpet satins that can be removed, etc).

2.- I have been searching for a warranty company that would cover the ABC system and I am hitting a brick wall considering the age and mileage. Anybody know of a company that covers the ABC system??

3.- If I cannot find a warranty company that covers the ABC system my only other alternative is to buy a good warranty that would cover as much as possible. Any suggestions?

4.- Does anybody know of a non-hydraulic suspension conversion system that is offered for CL500's in case that the ABC system fails so that I can do away with the expensive ABC system once and for all?

5.- Any recommendations on where to buy reconditioned/low cost/used parts considering the car's age and value/purpose?

Any comments and suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Last edited by hardcoremb; 06-06-2010 at 09:29 PM.