Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Radio Problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 mercedes c300 sport AWD
Radio Problems

I am experiencing an intermittent radio problem with my 2009 Mercedes C300 Sport AWD. When I shut off the ignition with the radio left on, and the outside temperature is very high, the radio module is dead when I turn on the ignition again (including the CD player, bluetooth connection). Sometimes this occurs when there is only a few minute interval between turning the ignition off/on, and other times it happens when several hours have passed. Eventually, when the car cools down (sometimes not until the next morning), the radio goes back on. I had the same issue with my 2006 C280. Has anyoen else experienced this or have any ideas what the cause/fix might be.

PS When I described the issue to my dealer's service writer, he said he 'd never run across this before. I will be bringing the car in next week, but I'm not holding my breath that the dealer will resolve the problem since I've already been advised that they need to be able to duplicate it before they can diagnose and fix it (since it's intermittent, that's going to be hard to do on command).