Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

99 olds cutlass stalling problems

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 11:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1999 oldsmobile cutlas
99 olds cutlass stalling problems

i bought this car in march and after i bought it it began to stall at low speeds and idol. i took it back to the dealer who looked at it and said he didnt kknow what was wrong with it, so we took it to a car mechanic who reset the codes which are po410 and po420 cat convertor low threshold and secondary air flow. they said that it was a communication ;problem in the car and reset it so the light went out. however it came back on a few hours later. car stalls again same thing. they replace the alternator. car still stalls. they cleaned the fuel filter, this helped for about a week and car stalls again. this time after making me wait a month or more they take the mass air sensor out and clean carbon out supposidly. light went out and then came back on next day. now the car is doing the same thing stalling at low speeds, it starts back up but i smell gas likes it flooding before it restarts, of course only to stall again at the next red light or stop sign cause i hit them all everytime. now when i call the guy i bought it from he says i have to find someone to fix it because he doesnt konw what is wrong. do i have a right to make him pay for it becauise its a recurring problem from when i bought the car. and what could the problem be,. it seems to stall more when its really hot outside. any knowlege would be appreciated. also car seems to stop stalling once it has sat for a while, but it doesnt seem to be overheating. only starts stalling after i have drivin it a while about 45 min aprox if that.
thanks
michelle

Last edited by angelcor1069; 07-08-2010 at 11:24 PM. Reason: need to add something
Old 07-31-2010, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2004 E320
You do realize that this is a Mercedes forum, right ?