Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

C/W126 UK 500 SEC Water Ingress Need Help Please!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 02:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C126 500 SEC
Unhappy C/W126 UK 500 SEC Water Ingress Need Help Please!

Hi All,

I have read the many threads on water ingress and tracing leaks. My symptoms are a puddle in the rear passenger footwell and I have spotted a leak coming from the bulkhead above the front passenger footwell. (It is not the sunroof, all channels are fine and doing their job properly) I have just had the windscreen re-fitted and re-sealed but this did not cure the leak and I suspect it is coming from the base of the screen on the near side through a grommet area or the rubber seal that is supposed to channel the water into a drain area from the A post. I have cleaned all of the lower screen drain area's of leaf debris but still have the leak!

The upper A post drains are not leaking (I saw a similar post which pointed to these earlier)

Can anyone recommend a good shop in the UK (Preferably close to Sheffield/Nottingham) that can remedy water leaks? I spoke to my dealer and they do not want to touch it as it is a 20 year old car (Says pretty much all you need to know about Jct600...) Have now become desperate so any help at all would be gratefully received, I just sponged out about three litres from the rain today

The rear screen is leaking in the usual place but will not re-seal this just yet as the car is about to have a glass out repaint and don't want to do this twice in four weeks