Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Starting issues

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2011, 12:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
260e
Starting issues

I just got a mercedes 260e for about $400.00 that was sitting for about 3yrs. The car looks amazing other than the clear coat. I put in a battery to try and start the car and after turning it over for about 2 minutes the car ran great. I drove it around shut it off and it started back with no problem. I went out the next day and it did the same thing but after turning it over for a couple of minutes it started up and ran fine. While it was running for the last time it knocked off while idling and will not start. I put in gas to make sure that wasn't the issue because I was really low, didn't work. I changed the OVP, both crank sensors, coil, and I even tried some starting fluid in the carb. Same result. Today I removed a spark plug and noticed that I'm getting no spark. Does anyone have a clue as to what may have caused this or what my problem could be? Thanks