Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Mercedes S500 sudden switch off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 11:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
S500
Arrow Mercedes S500 sudden switch off

Hi Guys
First time I post a thread,
I drive my S500 w220 2000 model on weekends only (150K on the clock) she is in excellent condition and has never given me problems, until last month.
I drove for about 30 minutes and while driving it turned off silently (no stalling or rattling). I tried to crank it a few times but it would not start, I let it cool down and after about 30 minutes I cranked it. It started first go as usual.

It happened for the second time last week, I called road service, they came after 45 minutes. I requested the service guy to scan it for any fault before attempting to start it again, scan result came up as ‘nil fault,’ then we cranked it and it started first go and running fine (service guy could not figure it out)
This week I done my own test by starting the car and let it idle for about 25 minutes temperature gage reached 90 degrees Celsius and the car turned off and would not start again, left it in the garage.
I need your Help guys, has any one come across a similar problem??
Thanks
Alan