Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

tiny Door spring retainer - SOS console overhead

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
tiny Door spring retainer - SOS console overhead

Hi anyone,

I have a 2003 MB S500 and I'm looking for a small tiny SOS door retainer (with spring action to hold it in place when I press it. I cannot find it anywhere. Please help as it looks awful with the SOS door open (attached to the rearview mirror console). THe same type of insert hold on clips are also used to hold the overhead vanity mirrors in place at the rear. Not sure if I can explain this any more. Dealer asked me to replace the entire console costing $111.00. Dont want to do that.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
Originally Posted by steadystud
Hi anyone,

I have a 2003 MB S500 and I'm looking for a small tiny SOS door retainer (with spring action to hold it in place when I press it. I cannot find it anywhere. Please help as it looks awful with the SOS door open (attached to the rearview mirror console). THe same type of insert hold on clips are also used to hold the overhead vanity mirrors in place at the rear. Not sure if I can explain this any more. Dealer asked me to replace the entire console costing $111.00. Dont want to do that.
Never mind.. solved the issue by buying the part from (wait for it)...... Nissan Automobiles Parts center. Just ask for the console pin retainer. Cost $2.97 and slid it into the spot and bingo. !!! saved a $111.00 plus the labor !!!! dont them let take you for a ride !!!! Also fixed my soft close Trunk issue.... $ 5 epoxy (got the idea from Nick out here. THanx Nick !!!