Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

ESP Malfunction - 2003, S500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
ESP Malfunction - 2003, S500

Earlier this evening I was driving my 2003, S500 and the cluster computer came up with this message “ Brake System, BRAKE Stop, Call Service” followed by the ABS sign lit up. Then the message “Malfunction ESP visit workshop” popped up. The brakes are working fine but I noticed that the steering wheel was getting tighter to maneuver. It had the smoothest steering wheel I have ever used and now this. A dealer says it might be the brake switch that is faulty which is to bee determined. But however why is the steering wheel suddenly tight??

The cluster computer was replaced about 3 weeks ago and the message “tire pressure sensors are not functioning , drive to workshop” popped almost immediately as I drove out of the service station.

A friend kinda fixed it and it didn’t do much as the message popped up again last evening. Now this…!!! Guys…. Anyone…. Please help !!!!!!!!!

Before I have to visit the Merc Dealership, is there something I can do prior??? Anyone????
Attached Thumbnails ESP Malfunction - 2003, S500-photo.jpg   ESP Malfunction - 2003, S500-photo1.jpg  

Last edited by steadystud; 10-19-2011 at 10:36 PM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 Mercedes-Benz S500, 2002 Acura MDX Touring
I didnt get any replies on this but just thought I would share my dilema for those who might want to look into it. The above symptoms kept on happening and between calling the dealership and visiting 2 garages, I finally founf a garage with honest chaps "Thrust" in Parlin who diagnosed the issue as a bad wheel sensor and it took me $143.00 for the part and labor of $76 to fix it. The car feels great now.