Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

E280 MY06 Avantgarde slight ticking

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-04-2011 | 01:15 AM

E280 MY06 Avantgarde
E280 MY06 Avantgarde slight ticking

Hey guys. I have a small but annoying problem with my Merc. There is a slight ticking sound that doesnt leave wether its in N, D or reverse. Its always there. I have taken it to 2 mechanics (one MB and one Private) and they both said this is a normal noise. When i got the car i swear it was perfectly silent and no ticking sound was heard. The noise is most heard when you pass a wall or barrier and when you drive into the garage. Its coming from underneath the driver side door (ticking is louder from the side of the car underneath the front right wheel then from the engine bay). So far what i found on forums here is that it can be exhaust leaking (but this would be alot louder wouldnt it?) lifters sticking or maybe one of the knock sensors stopped working. Always running Premium fuel and use Mobil 1 fully synthetic oil. Does anyone have any help regarding this as its driving me nuts. Your feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks