Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-24-2003, 07:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
MB

hey, i was just wondering if there is anyway i can get a small video on my avatar, i have a olympus D-520 Zoom digital camera, i can take videos, but is there anyway i can use a small video as my avatar? thanks in advance
Old 06-24-2003, 07:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you can convert it into an animated gif and resize it to fit in here.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:56 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by VroomVroom
you can convert it into an animated gif and resize it to fit in here.
cool, but can i do that with regular paint? also, do you know how long the video can be, i can take videos on a 320 X 240res, or 160 X 120, thanks
Old 06-24-2003, 07:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The resolution should be 65x65 (that's the max for these forums I think). Regular MS Paint can't do this. If you want to do it free, you can try Paint Shop Pro 7/8 ( www.jasc.com ). It comes with some animation studio or something like that. You can probably open the video there (not sure what format it allows, though I do remember converting .avi) and convert it into a .gif + resize it. As for the length of the video - you'll have to check with the forum guidlines because a long video (that's like over 100k in size) could take a while to load for 56k users.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:05 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
Originally posted by VroomVroom
The resolution should be 65x65 (that's the max for these forums I think). Regular MS Paint can't do this. If you want to do it free, you can try Paint Shop Pro 7/8 ( www.jasc.com ). It comes with some animation studio or something like that. You can probably open the video there (not sure what format it allows, though I do remember converting .avi) and convert it into a .gif + resize it. As for the length of the video - you'll have to check with the forum guidlines because a long video (that's like over 100k in size) could take a while to load for 56k users.
cool, thanks, im dowloading paint shop 8 right now, if this doesnt work, can someone help me, like i can send you the video, and you can do all the animation stuff, thanks
Old 06-24-2003, 08:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

MB
i just tried using pro 8, it doesnt work though, anyone else have any other solutions?