Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

check engine (PO128) code

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2012, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c 350
check engine (PO128) code

i recently got a oil change and a few miles later,check engine came on with a error code of PO128. i went to the dealership and bought a new thermostat unit which ran me about 218 with tax.
changed out and cleared the check engine light with the error code reader..drove the car for about 30miles..and here come the check engine again. WTF..anyone have any clue or any idea that can help?
Old 03-01-2012, 05:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
W203 c320 Sport Coupe
Originally Posted by pjBenz
i recently got a oil change and a few miles later,check engine came on with a error code of PO128. i went to the dealership and bought a new thermostat unit which ran me about 218 with tax.
changed out and cleared the check engine light with the error code reader..drove the car for about 30miles..and here come the check engine again. WTF..anyone have any clue or any idea that can help?
My 2004 c320 W203 check engine light lights up yesterday while driving, the road was very slushy, temp was minus 2c. Would the check engine light on caused by excessive water and wet slushy snow on the road, no driveability problem, no misfiring and idle smooth. Anyone knows what caused my check engine light to come on (and stay on). Also, would the check engine light goes off by itself?
Thanks
Old 03-30-2012, 08:14 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
things with and without wheels
Originally Posted by macaueric
My 2004 c320 W203 check engine light lights up yesterday while driving, the road was very slushy, temp was minus 2c. Would the check engine light on caused by excessive water and wet slushy snow on the road, no driveability problem, no misfiring and idle smooth. Anyone knows what caused my check engine light to come on (and stay on). Also, would the check engine light goes off by itself?
Thanks
yes it's possible that the slushy conditions on the road caused the light to come on by getting a sensor wet and shorting out the connection.
have the code read and get back to the forum, i'm sure you will find an answer here.