Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

2007 C230 Smart Key wont turn ignition/alarm set off

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 10:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 c230
Unhappy 2007 C230 Smart Key wont turn ignition/alarm set off

Hello! This is my first post so aplogize ahead if TMI....
Here is what happened....I have only 1 key and have changed batteries several times even purchased the casing off ebay because the first one I broke attatchent to key chain. I changed the guts out to have it work just not from distance. Anyway, one morning I unlocked my car with smart key dissarming the alarm and without too much detail someone locked it with remote and then the remote would not work again. So because the red light wasnt lighting my thought is the batteries were bad (purposly) so I opened it with the cut key. Well the alarm went off and the smart key would not turn in the ignition at all. I changed the batteries in remote and still nothing which i now know is just the doors and such although they do not work either. I have tried unhooking the battery per manual, putting key in ignition for 30 mins to hour, and jumpstarting.....no change.
The dash lights., radio, headlights work and alarm goes off still when opened...

Any advice would be so appreciated....If anything I can try before a tow I would be so grateful...

Thanks much!