Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

2001 E320 not starting

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-16-2012 | 08:37 AM

e320
2001 E320 not starting

Hello,

I need help trying to determine what happened to our 2001 E320. Yesyerday, my wife was driving the car without issues and then the ABS, BAS and ESP alarms came on (all of them). Then, the car's transmission started acting weird (it seemed like it was trying to run in fifth gear, so there was not enough power). She was very close to our house and, when she finallly got there, stopped and try to put it in reverse. At this point, she found that the transmission was blocked. She turned off the car. Then, she tried to turn it back on, but it wouldn't start anymore. The battery seems to be fine (all of the lights, windows and radio work fine), but when we try to start it, nothing happens, and the transmission is blocked in park.

From what I read, it seems that this could have something to do with the Transmission Control Unit. The truth is that last Sunday one of my sons spilled soda over the arm rest and I have read that the TCU is located under it, so it might have gotten wet. But, if this was the case, should a damaged TCU prevent the car from starting?

Any ideas? Thanks.