Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

MBWorld, Why All The Software Scripts/Programs on My Computer?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 06:36 PM

Received 243 Likes on 155 Posts
'19 CLS53, '19 SL550, '22 GLE53
MBWorld, Why All The Software Scripts/Programs on My Computer?

As an owner of 3 Mercedes vehicles, I am very thankful for the information provided by MBWorld.org. However, I find it somewhat disturbing to find that the 3 forums I visit (SL, CLS, GLK) try to invoke multiple scripts/programs on my computer from various sources including:

google-analytics.com
bkrtx.com
ibsrv.net
ibpxl.com
exelator.com
viglink.com
googleapis.com
doubleclick.net

Why are all of these scripts necessary and what purpose do they serve? I block these with my Norton Firewall.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
2014 BMW M235i
google-analytics.com is helpful webmaster tool for looking at traffic statistics, used on many sites.

bkrtx.com, ibpxl.com, I believe are resource servers for this website but I could be wrong. Why? Because IB is Internet Brands which owns this forum so I assume they control that server, I could spend the time looking at the whois data but I don't think that's a good use of my time.

viglink.com is for monetizing links and advertising statistics

googleapis.com is the Google application programming interface site which allows independent developers to tap into the power of the frameworks offered by Google.

doubleclick.net is also for advertising

All of these websites are necessary for the backend function of MBWorld.org as well as the advertising that sustains this community. They don't charge us so I don't mind them invoking scripts from trustworthy businesses that allow them to monetize links and all. It isn't necessary to block them these are all trusted servers, nor are they using local computer resources. Most of how these forums work is that they use a server-side scripting language such as PHP or ASP.NET that allows for dynamic content and access to a database server, and will use things such as JQuery and Javascript for simple client-side functions that are necessary to consider for any nice UI.

Bottom line: don't worry about it.