Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

marketplace classification, MB wheels vs. wheels generally

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-09-2020 | 01:03 AM

on GLC300 #2 (GL350 before those)
marketplace classification, MB wheels vs. wheels generally

Hi. I posted an ad for MB OEM wheels, winter assemblies really, hours ago. I notice now when just I looked back to my copy, that this ad does not pop up when toggling the "Mercedes Wheels and Tires For Sale" button. It's there, but only under the general Wheels and Tires without the brand button help, meaning one needs to first select Parts then select Wheels and Tires to browse and see mine. It should enjoy the advantage of direct access via the radio button for Mercedes items, otherwise it goes unnoticed by potential seekers who assume that radio button is inclusive.
How do I correct this posting to be part of that grouping, where it obviously belongs? Can a moderator properly tag it for me?
https://mbworld.org/forums/market/785327
Thanks.
Old 06-11-2020 | 10:39 PM

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 06-12-2020 | 01:48 AM
IB Staff

Originally Posted by mustbebenz
Hi. I posted an ad for MB OEM wheels, winter assemblies really, hours ago. I notice now when just I looked back to my copy, that this ad does not pop up when toggling the "Mercedes Wheels and Tires For Sale" button. It's there, but only under the general Wheels and Tires without the brand button help, meaning one needs to first select Parts then select Wheels and Tires to browse and see mine. It should enjoy the advantage of direct access via the radio button for Mercedes items, otherwise it goes unnoticed by potential seekers who assume that radio button is inclusive.
How do I correct this posting to be part of that grouping, where it obviously belongs? Can a moderator properly tag it for me?
https://mbworld.org/forums/market/785327
Thanks.
Originally Posted by mustbebenz
Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
When you list an item, you need to fill out the Item Compatibility - as shown in the attached screen capture - as the system has no way of knowing what parts fit without it being supplied by the seller. This is why it's not under the Mercedes link.

You can do this by returning to your ad and then click on the Edit button.

If there's a problem, let us know.

Old 06-12-2020 | 10:52 PM

Ah, thanks much. I figured the system looks for something, but I mistakenly thought that compatibility part was optional without thinking that was the thing I needed to tick. I think for wheels fitments like mine, it's the myriad of overlapping model variants that makes it almost a silly pursuit to try listing all year ranges and all the -Class variants that these fit (GL350, GL450, GL550, GLS450, GLS550, ML..., etc.), so I re-posted with some generalized fitment guidance. Nice green arrows.