Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Unlocking Private Messaging

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-22-2021, 01:55 PM

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts
Violet S213 E 63 S
Unlocking Private Messaging

Hello,

What do I need to do to unlock Private Messaging?

Thank you
Old 07-22-2021, 06:26 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Michelin Man
Hello,

What do I need to do to unlock Private Messaging?

Thank you
To help protect the community against spam and other unsolicited PMs, members must be "established" in order to have access to the PM system. Generally, that means those who use the site for its intended purpose, as an enthusiast of the cars, will become "established" in very short order and thus will have access to the PM system.

So my suggestion would be to continue to use the site by participating and either help others, or ask questions you need assistance with, and you will find PM access very shortly.
Old 07-22-2021, 06:54 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,487 Likes on 985 Posts
This place is a joke.
Originally Posted by IB JT
To help protect the community against spam and other unsolicited PMs, members must be "established" in order to have access to the PM system. Generally, that means those who use the site for its intended purpose, as an enthusiast of the cars, will become "established" in very short order and thus will have access to the PM system.

So my suggestion would be to continue to use the site by participating and either help others, or ask questions you need assistance with, and you will find PM access very shortly.
To protect against spam you say? Yet this spam is allowed here daily? No other website I'm a member of allows "advertising" like this. I'll save you the agony of the other 7 screenshots.

Old 07-22-2021, 07:05 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by E55Greasemonkey
To protect against spam you say? Yet this spam is allowed here daily? No other website I'm a member of allows "advertising" like this. I'll save you the agony of the other 7 screenshots.
@E55Greasemonkey Please do not use another open thread, especially one where a member is seeking support to use the site, to continue stating your issues that you've already well documented in the appropriate thread.

There is a difference between the Vendors that pay bills to keep this site free for members to use and true "Spammers" or "Scammers". However, I'm not involved on the Advertising or Vendor side, which is the issue you have, and posting your issues in this thread does nothing to help the member and their topic. It is not appropriate to use other threads to continue airing the concerns that you have - especially threads where members are looking for assistance and answers to using the site.

If you have a concern, contact Adminsitrator @speedlimit or keep the concern to a thread where Bob can monitor and also report to those who are involved.

Thank-you