Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

Not receiving automatic updates

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2022, 10:04 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
Not receiving automatic updates

On or about June 4th I stopped receiving all automatic updates from MBWorld. I did not block MBWorld or make any changes to my email supplier that I know of. Is there a problem at the MBWorld site? Are any other members experiencing this same problem?
Old 06-07-2022, 01:36 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 2,159 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by fun33
On or about June 4th I stopped receiving all automatic updates from MBWorld. I did not block MBWorld or make any changes to my email supplier that I know of. Is there a problem at the MBWorld site? Are any other members experiencing this same problem?
I believe ever since the site kept throwing the 507 error or was it 503, somewhere along those lines, notifications has been a hit or miss for me, you are not alone.
Old 06-07-2022, 03:17 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
This is most likely an issue between MBWorld and your provider. We run into this issue regularly, because some email providers are more aggressive, and less transparent, than others. Some email providers, yours being one of them, is known to simply stop delivering our emails (or temporary deferring them) on the basis they are considered spam. As we are not their customer, we have little to no control over when or if an email provider delivers our emails. The email providers, generally, also do this without their customer knowing they are not delivering their email.

Originally Posted by W205C43PFL
I believe ever since the site kept throwing the 507 error or was it 503, somewhere along those lines, notifications has been a hit or miss for me, you are not alone.
This would not be related.
Old 06-07-2022, 07:23 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,539 Likes on 2,159 Posts
PFL205.064 with M276.823 (Oil pump solenoid defeated)
Originally Posted by IB JT
This is most likely an issue between MBWorld and your provider. We run into this issue regularly, because some email providers are more aggressive, and less transparent, than others. Some email providers, yours being one of them, is known to simply stop delivering our emails (or temporary deferring them) on the basis they are considered spam. As we are not their customer, we have little to no control over when or if an email provider delivers our emails. The email providers, generally, also do this without their customer knowing they are not delivering their email.

This would not be related.
Hmmm, I see but that is how it happened for me thanks for clarifying. Anyways, the 503 or 507 errors stopped coming so seems like whatever is causing that has been solved by staff.
Old 06-08-2022, 08:29 AM

Received 70 Likes on 55 Posts
2017 550SL - 2018 560S
RESOLVED

Simple fix. I had inadvertently blocked MBWorld in my security settings.