Questions about how MBWorld.org works...not for car questions. Use this forum for help on using all or any part of the forums. Make sure to read the Forum FAQs first.

How to mute a thread or a user

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 10:04 PM

Received 142 Likes on 117 Posts
2014 GLK350 base model (active) ; 2001 E320 base (retired)
How to mute a thread or a user

This is a VERY typical action / option in many other forum web sites (and done back in the USENET days).

If you're not interested in a particular thread, and have zero interest in reading it or any updates to it, I see no way to "hide it" , as is so easily done in all other forums.

The same thing for forum members. Pretty much all forums I deal with allow me to mute members (and threads, as mentioned). It seems this is the only site that offers neither option, unless I don't see those options (?)
Old 04-18-2024, 10:18 PM

Received 192 Likes on 143 Posts
W212 E63S Wagon - GSL580 - E63 - E350 - C300
You could just ignore things.....
The following users liked this post:
MB2timer (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 06:15 PM
IB Staff

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by calder-cay
This is a VERY typical action / option in many other forum web sites (and done back in the USENET days).

If you're not interested in a particular thread, and have zero interest in reading it or any updates to it, I see no way to "hide it" , as is so easily done in all other forums.

The same thing for forum members. Pretty much all forums I deal with allow me to mute members (and threads, as mentioned). It seems this is the only site that offers neither option, unless I don't see those options (?)
This forum does have, and for some time, an Ignore list. It's in the UserCP where all account-based options are.

There are limitations. It shows a placeholder, it also ignores PMs received from those on the list, and if someone quotes the post then both ignored member's post and the 3rd party member's quote are shown.