R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Another question...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 10:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M6, '05 Lambo Gallardo
Another question...

The Motor Trend article answered the "space behind the 3rd row" question. Thie picture clearly shows more then enough room to get by with. Now only one potential problem exists. I am wondering if the 2nd row seats will slide forward enough to allow my 4 & 6 year old to get into the 3rd row. Removing the center console is not an option since we need the DVD player. I can't fold the 2nd row seats because my 2 year old and 9 month old will have fixed car seats in the 2nd row. Any thoughts???

Thanks guys....
Old 07-19-2005, 08:53 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by jkrutch
The Motor Trend article answered the "space behind the 3rd row" question. Thie picture clearly shows more then enough room to get by with. Now only one potential problem exists. I am wondering if the 2nd row seats will slide forward enough to allow my 4 & 6 year old to get into the 3rd row. Removing the center console is not an option since we need the DVD player. I can't fold the 2nd row seats because my 2 year old and 9 month old will have fixed car seats in the 2nd row. Any thoughts???

Thanks guys....
Yes the second row seats will slide forward for entry into the 3rd row, but without the seat back being folded to some degree an adult would probably have a tough time. However, I would think a 4 and 6 year old would be able to squeeze throught the space. You will just have to wait and see one in person to see whether that will work.
Old 07-19-2005, 10:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I don't know if you have seen this picture or not. It looks like with the seat forward but not folded there would be enough room for your kids to get into the back row.

Old 07-19-2005, 10:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'06 M6, '05 Lambo Gallardo
I wonder if the seat can slide without the seat being folded like it is in the picture? Thanks for your help.....
Old 07-19-2005, 10:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by jkrutch
I wonder if the seat can slide without the seat being folded like it is in the picture? Thanks for your help.....
Yes...the seat is adjustable in front/back movement and the seat back can be tiltled from upright to reclined. I think the folding action of the seat back is related to entry to the rear seats like in a coupe entry.