NevadaJack's new signature?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-10-2005, 12:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Lexus RX400h
NevadaJack's new signature?

Hi,

I note that Jack has recently changed his signature picture from Pewter to Alabaster White, and I also found a post about a change from Ash interior to Macadamia.

Sorry, Jack and taste is a matter you shouldn't discuss , but I just have to put in my 10cents: It's not nice!

Before we got our two W163's we had a Chrysler T&C, white with light brown leater interior - and while we vere not unsatisfied with the car itself, we were less than thrilled by the color combination (which was a result of the importer getting his faxes mixed up).

I will not publish a verbatim quote of a colleague's comment, but it had something to do with certain pieces of sanitary equipment and lack of......

OTOH, the local dealer has a W164 in Pewter with the Macadamia leather interior, and that isn't bad at all....

I'll get off the soap box now, promise!

Cheers,
Birger
Old 08-10-2005, 02:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by Birger
Hi,

I note that Jack has recently changed his signature picture from Pewter to Alabaster White, and I also found a post about a change from Ash interior to Macadamia.

Sorry, Jack and taste is a matter you shouldn't discuss , but I just have to put in my 10cents: It's not nice!

Before we got our two W163's we had a Chrysler T&C, white with light brown leater interior - and while we vere not unsatisfied with the car itself, we were less than thrilled by the color combination (which was a result of the importer getting his faxes mixed up).

I will not publish a verbatim quote of a colleague's comment, but it had something to do with certain pieces of sanitary equipment and lack of......

OTOH, the local dealer has a W164 in Pewter with the Macadamia leather interior, and that isn't bad at all....

I'll get off the soap box now, promise!

Cheers,
Birger
Hi Birger...I highly respect your information but I have selected Alabaster White with Ash interior. My present E320 is Pewter with Ash and it is a great combination but I don't want another Pewter car. I have changed colors more times than they have colors available...:-) I has a white E wagon with gray interior and we loved that car to death...never showed any dirt. With a white car in LV you can go weeks without a wash and the only way you know it is dirty is by the Mercedes brake dust on the front wheels. It will also reflect a lot of heat being white and with 340 days of sunshine that is important.

So the decision is made. LV is full of white MB's and everyone of them look great so I think my R500 will be a winner...:-)
Old 08-10-2005, 03:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

My FINAL order....

Hey Birger...here is the final spec sheet for my R. White with Ash. I don't think I ever switched the interior to Macadamia...I am not a fan of tan and beige interiors.

Old 08-10-2005, 04:18 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2005 E55
I agree with you on the color. White is a good choice in the Texas heat, too. Congrats. It looks nice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my E55.
Old 08-10-2005, 04:37 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by can drive 55
I agree with you on the color. White is a good choice in the Texas heat, too. Congrats. It looks nice. Hope you enjoy it as much as I enjoy my E55.
Thanks...really nice picture of your E55!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
oh man, u gotta get the R-class in black or alpine rain!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 06:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by Kar don
oh man, u gotta get the R-class in black or alpine rain!!!!!
Sorry...Alabaster White and Ash. Black is nice but a "keep clean looking nightmare" and Alpine Rain is a unknown look which I don't want to test. You will love it...:-)))
Old 08-10-2005, 11:19 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
alpine rain is like platinum blue but lighter.
Old 08-11-2005, 05:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 Lexus RX400h
Smile @NevadaJack

Hi, Jack

Sorry - I got a post or two mixed up - and thought you were going with Alabaster White/Macadamia. Alabaster White/Ash OTOH is excellent (in fact, the T&C was supposed to come with a grey interior).

I completely agree with the "white being cooler in LV" argument, and share your doubts regarding the Alpine Rain (I have been able to see a decent-sized paint sample, and like it, but it's still a bit uncertain to order a car in a completely new color).

Good luck with your new "R".

Cheers,
Birger