R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

AMG Package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-12-2005, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AMG Package

MB USA is offering a $4,400.00 AMG package on the R Class with no picture available anywhere. I find this ridiculous and a bit arrogant to offer something that you cannot see for so much money. I could not find any pics on the web either.
Can anyone point me to any more information? Wheels would probably be the most interesting option. The less expensive option will be to simply by 19" wheels from Tire Rack. I have seen some that look exactly like AMG wheels on SL65 but for a lot less.
Thanks for everyone's input.
Old 08-12-2005, 07:57 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by A347808313
MB USA is offering a $4,400.00 AMG package on the R Class with no picture available anywhere. I find this ridiculous and a bit arrogant to offer something that you cannot see for so much money. I could not find any pics on the web either.
Can anyone point me to any more information? Wheels would probably be the most interesting option. The less expensive option will be to simply by 19" wheels from Tire Rack. I have seen some that look exactly like AMG wheels on SL65 but for a lot less.
Thanks for everyone's input.
The AMG package is presently in Delayed Availability status. I don't know when it will be available as an option. It includes 19" 5 Spoke Wheels, front and rear mouldings and square chrome exhausts, and interior styling features.

MB has announced a special Saks 5th Avenue Edition which is described on the following URL. It has the AMG package and has a sport oriented interior. I have no idea on the pricing. The URL also has good pictures of the wheels and trim.

http://www.germancarfans.com/news.cf...ercedes/1.html

Here is a picture of the Saks edition in CA. Check the other images and you will find a few more of it.

http://members.***.net/chiefphotomat...s/page_48.html

Hope this help you out.

Last edited by Nevada Jack; 08-12-2005 at 08:08 PM.
Old 08-12-2005, 10:33 PM

Jack, you are indeed the man to go to for R-Class related info. I wonder about Alpine Rain just like you did (as I recall) as while ago. This color looks quite amazing on this picture (my interior color would be beige though):
http://members.***.net/chiefphotomat...s/page_30.html
What wheels are those? AMG package or GST Vision 'showcar'?
Old 08-13-2005, 08:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by A347808313
Jack, you are indeed the man to go to for R-Class related info. I wonder about Alpine Rain just like you did (as I recall) as while ago. This color looks quite amazing on this picture (my interior color would be beige though):
http://members.***.net/chiefphotomat...s/page_30.html
What wheels are those? AMG package or GST Vision 'showcar'?
I think this is a "photoshop" color job on the Vision GST. Alpine Rain as I understand it is very much like Platinum Blue only iighter with more gray, with the metallic silver effect. I was leary of it not being like this picture so I went with White/Ash.

Those wheels are the 20"-22" (?) Vision wheels. The AMG's are on that gray (Pewter) one in the California pictures on my site or in the GCF site on the Saks edition.
Old 08-13-2005, 08:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Mercedes-Benz
its lighter than plat blue... not more gray.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:06 AM

Hi - I just posted some pics in another thread of an R-class I saw today with what appears to be the AMG body package, though it had the standard wheels on it. see the pics for the chin spoilers and rear spoiler extension.
Old 08-15-2005, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by joshg
Hi - I just posted some pics in another thread of an R-class I saw today with what appears to be the AMG body package, though it had the standard wheels on it. see the pics for the chin spoilers and rear spoiler extension.
They are the AMG Wheels in the picture of the Pewter/Charcoal car you shot on the other thread. This again I think is the Saks 5th Avenue edition.