R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Option Observations MBUSA BYO

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-01-2005, 10:23 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Option Observations MBUSA BYO

Having perused the options list, a couple observations:
-the Premium package does not seem to include the DVD system, but costs the same amount (although we knew the system may be delayed I assumed their would be a credit??)
-Voice control seems to be lowered in price (finally, although still not inexpensive related to the price in other vehicles)
-Rear side airbags OPTIONAL-this is obviously no longer YOUR FATHER'S MERCEDES, where safety was never optional.

I am anxiously awaiting the commercial release of this vehicle and anticipate it will be a huge hit for Mercedes. However, with two kids, I will NOT take delivery of my pre-ordered unit if it does not have the DVD system. Maybe i'll have to wait on the diesel unit too...

With the gas shortage due to Kristina, what a bad time to bring out a new SUV... wish we had low-sulfur diesel now...
Old 09-02-2005, 09:11 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by carpersn
Having perused the options list, a couple observations:
-the Premium package does not seem to include the DVD system, but costs the same amount (although we knew the system may be delayed I assumed their would be a credit??)
-Voice control seems to be lowered in price (finally, although still not inexpensive related to the price in other vehicles)
-Rear side airbags OPTIONAL-this is obviously no longer YOUR FATHER'S MERCEDES, where safety was never optional.

I am anxiously awaiting the commercial release of this vehicle and anticipate it will be a huge hit for Mercedes. However, with two kids, I will NOT take delivery of my pre-ordered unit if it does not have the DVD system. Maybe i'll have to wait on the diesel unit too...

With the gas shortage due to Kristina, what a bad time to bring out a new SUV... wish we had low-sulfur diesel now...
The Premium Pkg never included the "DVD system" if you are talking about the rear seat TV built into the front seat headrests. That is a separate Option and was listed at $3000 which included the Read Center Console. It is delayed due to software updating so I understand. I cancelled it from my order.

The DVD TV listed in the Accessories list for $1639 is the single unit installed by the dealer and not the built in unit. I think this is the case but until they provided details on it we will have to wait. I understand it is a unit like is available on the new ML.