R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Any update on rear seat entertainment pkg?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 03:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any update on rear seat entertainment pkg?

Anyone heard an update on this option? expected delivery time? or at least when they'll release it to be orderable?

if anyone speaks to a knowledgable dealer, please ask and post what the response is...

Thanks,
--josh
Old 09-16-2005, 09:28 AM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
2019 Volvo XC90 Magic/Amber, '95 E320 Cabriolet Midnight,'14 GL350 Lunar/Almond was '07 GL320CDI
Mine cannot say...

but i cannot buy the vehicle without it-my kids would revolt, and on trips i don't want to deal with that. The screen size of the dealer-installed unit is too small, IMO.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL600, 2011 Honda Odyssey Touring Elite
I hope the delay is because they have decided to put the DVD player up front rather than in the center console. I'd like to be in control rather than my kids.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:17 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
No info here Josh...still a software upgrade to read the code in US standards and planned for late October/November production runs as initially stated. My dealer had no word as of yesterday.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
No info here Josh...still a software upgrade to read the code in US standards and planned for late October/November production runs as initially stated. My dealer had no word as of yesterday.
I must have missed that info somewhere else... last time i heard it was delayed with no anticipated date, but you've heard it will be available for late october or early november production runs? I know you wanted this option, did you consider delaying your build for a few weeks to get it?
Old 09-17-2005, 11:55 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by joshg
I must have missed that info somewhere else... last time i heard it was delayed with no anticipated date, but you've heard it will be available for late october or early november production runs? I know you wanted this option, did you consider delaying your build for a few weeks to get it?
No...I called the dealer and told him to cancel the option. I had no real need for it so it didn't cause any problems with me.

That time frame I sighted was posted at the time but can't remember who posted it. He stated the software for the CD code was being updated to US Specs and would be completed in September and then it would take until Oct/Nov to get the updates into the production cycle. Whether it was accurate or not I don't know but he sure knew the details and that it was being taken off the option list that week.