R500 Delivery Date Changed

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2005 | 10:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
R500 Delivery Date Changed

Got a call this AM from my dealer and my Final Inspection will be October 25th with delivery approximately 1-2 weeks after. So much for first decade build and delivery on October 17th or so. Dealer has no control and I am sure he would like to get the deal closed as soon as I would.

Difficult trying to plan a cross country trip with stops in several places and arrive at a dealership as the final leg on the trip home when the dates keep changing

Oh well...will try to adjust my plans again...still looking forward to delivery of the R500
Old 09-22-2005 | 12:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Nevada Jack
Got a call this AM from my dealer and my Final Inspection will be October 25th with delivery approximately 1-2 weeks after. So much for first decade build and delivery on October 17th or so. Dealer has no control and I am sure he would like to get the deal closed as soon as I would.
You're not alone Jack... my date changed too. I guess I feel better I wasn't singled out, I was a little miffed at my dealer and thought that because they are a smaller dealership that MB had slipped other people in ahead of me, but they told me everyone slipped. Seeing your post confirmed it.

I'm now last week of October build and a middle November delivery to Northern CA.

--josh
Old 09-22-2005 | 08:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
2011 E350 Cabriolet..White and Almond Mocha
Originally Posted by joshg
You're not alone Jack... my date changed too. I guess I feel better I wasn't singled out, I was a little miffed at my dealer and thought that because they are a smaller dealership that MB had slipped other people in ahead of me, but they told me everyone slipped. Seeing your post confirmed it.

I'm now last week of October build and a middle November delivery to Northern CA.

--josh
I guess all we early adopters are in the same boat...:-)
Old 09-24-2005 | 11:25 PM

2005 kawasaki ZX10R
Hi I work at the plant building the 251 in plant 2. We where having a supplier issue but I think they fixed that now. I know we fell behind a little because of that. But the good news is they are now starting to roll off the line. In plant 2 we also build the 164. There are usually 2-164's and then 1-251. Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Lenny
Old 09-25-2005 | 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by lennyd96
Hi I work at the plant building the 251 in plant 2. We where having a supplier issue but I think they fixed that now. I know we fell behind a little because of that. But the good news is they are now starting to roll off the line. In plant 2 we also build the 164. There are usually 2-164's and then 1-251. Hope that puts your mind at ease.

Lenny
Lenny - what was the supplier issue?

And do you have any update on the rear seat DVD player option?

--josh
Old 09-25-2005 | 01:56 PM

2005 kawasaki ZX10R
Originally Posted by joshg
Lenny - what was the supplier issue?

And do you have any update on the rear seat DVD player option?

--josh
The problem was the the suppliers where getting the parts to us to late. It was everything from the carpet to the seats. As for the DVD player I'm not really sure the line I work on doesn't do anything with the DVD system. I'll ask around on Monday and see if I can find out anything.

Lenny