R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

new R500

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 08:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2003 E500
new R500

My wife and I just picked up a 2006 R500 to add to our garage. This will be her new "mini-van" to replace her aging Odyssey as the kid hauler.. and also serve as our new family "bus" for long trips and vacations. Her Odyssey has long served that purpose.. as my E500 is too cramped to handle that with aplomb.

We got the R500 with Prem pkg, Trim Pkg, and 3 zone climate. Iridium Silver with Black Leather. So far so good. Thank God for the internet I discovered it's sales "issues" and was able to negotiate a good deal I think. Essentially about $10000 off MSRP with the accessory all weather floor mats and a wood/leather wheel. Maybe not the best deal... but certainly better than my E =)

Thanks
Peter
Old 08-24-2006, 10:59 AM
ON PROBATION

Congrats to the both of you.

Make sure to post-up again with impressions after you have had it for a couple of weeks, would you?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:01 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
What year Odyssey did you have?
If it wasn't the lastest generation, why the R500 over the Odyssey?

Worst comes to worst I'm going to get an Odyssey soon. We used to have one (2001 I think) and it was the best van we've ever had (granted, we've only had that and an older Nissan Quest, but still )

Edit: I notice you're in Houston.
Old 08-24-2006, 03:25 PM

2003 E500
Its a 2001 I believe.. (or maybe a 2000? I forgot). You mean to ask why the R500 over a new Odyssey? Well, if we got an Odyssey it would be the Touring most likely (NAV was a must have this time around.. .and leather too I guess).... but we are NOT going to spend 40k on a Honda. And with the R's going for such good deals... the ride was good.. plenty of room.. and you have more "comfort" space in the 3rd row in the R than you have in the Odyssey.

Yeah, I'm in the Clear Lake area. I just wish the Pano roof had the solar cells like the first run of the W211 E class.... that was cool!!!

CLAYJ: Yes, I will.. and I will get the wood wheel installed MOnday and a few minor things taken care of. I'll post a mini-review in a few weeks. We may take it for a little road trip Labor Day weekend so that will play huge I'm sure.

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal

Worst comes to worst I'm going to get an Odyssey soon. We used to have one (2001 I think) and it was the best van we've ever had (granted, we've only had that and an older Nissan Quest, but still )

Old 08-24-2006, 08:18 PM
ON PROBATION

Awesome. I'd put some miles on that puppy too, if I were you(!)

Can hardly wait to get your impressions of it after such as taking a long weekend with the family in it -- thanks.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2007 E63
Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal

HA!! I'm not the only kid that would get a minivan!
Old 08-24-2006, 10:11 PM

2003 E500
So far so good.. but the "long weekend" might actually only be a day trip up to San Antone and back... my wife is working Fri and Sunday... so either way I slice it... we only have 1 day for a "trip." REview on the way though =)

Originally Posted by ClayJ
Awesome. I'd put some miles on that puppy too, if I were you(!)

Can hardly wait to get your impressions of it after such as taking a long weekend with the family in it -- thanks.