R or E CDI

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:44 PM
Almost a Member!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 R320 CDI
Question R or E CDI

I have a pending deal for a new R CDI but wanted to get a poll of opinions on whether you think I should keep the E with I6 CDI engine vs. switching to the R with V6 CDI engine. I know there are pros and cons to both decisions for me but wanted to just get a general feeling about what others think.

Current 06 E has: Premium Pkg, Wood Steering Whl, Split/Fold Rear Seat, Xenon Lights, Parktronic, Voice Activated & Hands Free Comm/Phone System, Heated Fr. Seats, Sirius Sat.

07 R 320 CDI is coming with P2 Pkg, Heated Fr. Seats.

For those who know the differences in these two vehicles, I would appreciate your opinions.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:45 PM

ML-350, Maserati Quattroporte
I never liked my 03' E500. I really like my wife's 06'R500. Pros for the R would be size, smooth ride, extra seats. I'm out of the w211 loop but my car had electronic brakes and I hated them. Even though the style is new and sometimes critisized, we get lots of looks and thumbs up on the R. An E is like a Camry in our neighborhood.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:34 PM
Almost a Member!

2007 R320 CDI
Thanks for your opinion on the R. It is helpful. I hope to hear more people with similar experiences.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:32 PM

2007 R320
Originally Posted by cdisam
Thanks for your opinion on the R. It is helpful. I hope to hear more people with similar experiences.
Sam - Sounds like you're making some progress. Again, as I stated before . . . you have driven the E for close to a year now. Apparently, it's not the "right" car for you/family otherwise you wouldn't be opting out. You're polling people's opinions on the R which is good. But ultimately, you should take an "extensive" test drive on the R. Ask your dealer for an afternoon test drive, ie. an afternoon outings or something. Take family members with you for this experience. Then you'll be able to form the best opinions for you and your family members whether the R is right or not. From my experience, extensive test drive(s) will decide for you.

If you think selling/unloading the E right now is hard, it will be much worse if you buy an R now and not want to keep it for few years.

BTW, what's pending on the R? many options? below invoice? if the car is a stock model (on the lot or easy trade), you can work to your advantage. I think the 2.9% financing is available. Good luck!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:00 AM

2004 SL500, 2007 R350 Sport
We looked at the E-class but the R-class has so much more room - amazing.
We keep the back 2 down for our dog and there's still loads of room. Way, way more than our Jeep Grand Cherokee which we replaced.
However, still having problems getting both the SL and R350 in the garage!