New R320 BT

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-29-2008, 09:29 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
BMW 340i xDrive 2018 MMPSK silver , Cadillac XT5 2018 silver, 09 R320 BT
New R320 BT

Hello to all,

Finally picked up our 2009 R320 BT late Thursday night. I drove it for the 1st time this morning, since it's the wife's car.

It's a beautiful machine. We ordered it in Cubanite color (Pewter) with black artico interior. It has the Canadian premium package with the Pano roof. We did not opt for the airmatic suspension or the entertainment system. Other than that, it is fully loaded including the trailer hitch. The exterior color is really what makes it look so good in my opinion.

The beauty of it as far as the amazing drive has got to be the diesel power-plant. It is so smooth and it pulls like a MAC truck. I haven't really opened her up as it is still being broken in (roughly 100 km on the odometer in 2 days of driving). But, this huge vehicle pulls away at lights without even flooring the accelerator.

My only disappointment is the fact that their is no spare tire, which means we can only drive on run-flats. This makes for expensive tire replacements as well as expensive winter tires (it's the law here in Quebec and the deadline for winters is Dec 15).

We love the HK Stereo/Sirius/GPS system. The kids were saying they were going to miss the old ML320, but once they got into the R, not a mention was made of the old family hauler. Especially, after seeing the stars out of the Pano roof. They were in awe.

My wife is still trying to get used to the length of this car, but the Parktronic and back-up camera will certainly help her transition.

For anyone out there looking at the R class, DO NOT hesitate on getting one. I highly recommend the Diesel engine as I have driven the R350, but the R320 feels quicker, and their is also the fuel savings of driving the diesel.

Cheers
Old 12-01-2008, 11:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 | X1 | Cayenne
Congratulations! My kids are so happy with the pano roof too. They no longer miss the mini van.

The R class is a great family car. Very comfortable especially on long trips.

I hate its navigation system though. It's night and day difference compared to my portable Garmin nuvi.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350 4-matic
Yep, the pano roof wins the kids every time!

The kids love ours, especially as everyone has thier "own" seats and the room inside is awesome. I however wish I had gotten the back-up camera, but here's hoping that santa (wife) has gotten the hint!
Old 12-01-2008, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by BallJack
Congratulations! My kids are so happy with the pano roof too. They no longer miss the mini van.

The R class is a great family car. Very comfortable especially on long trips.

I hate its navigation system though. It's night and day difference compared to my portable Garmin nuvi.
Thanks!
Yeah, you're right about the navi. I do prefer the functionality of my Nuvi as well. On the plus side, the MB navi doesn't have to be tucked away in order to deter any thieves.

Cheers
Old 12-01-2008, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by R. Reyes
Yep, the pano roof wins the kids every time!

The kids love ours, especially as everyone has thier "own" seats and the room inside is awesome. I however wish I had gotten the back-up camera, but here's hoping that santa (wife) has gotten the hint!
YES, the kids LOVED the pano roof! They also love the voluminous size inside.

As far as the back-up camera is concerned, it may be too early to state, but I think the wife feels more comfortable using the Parktronic's "beep, beep, beeeep" sytem when backing up. She's used to it from our previous ML320.

Cheers