R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

R class cargo mat.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2009, 09:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R 350.
R class cargo mat.

Looking to purchase a cargo mat for my R350. I have found mats or all season mats that only cover the small portion of the cargo area when the third row seats are up. But could not find one that is made for the R class that is large enough to cover the entire cargo space with the third row seats down. I would prefer an all season mat that is flexible enough to cover the back of the third row seats Independently up or down. I found a website that sells a canvas version for the ML class but ofcourse not for the R class. I would be satisfied with a well made mat that covers the entire cargo area with the third row seats down. Has anyone been able to find a large enough cargo mat made for the R class? Any inputs would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 08-18-2009, 11:09 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 VW GTI
Amazon sells mats configured in 3rd row up and 3rd row down. Here's an example: http://www.amazon.com/Mercedes-R-Cla...608133&sr=8-27
Old 08-18-2009, 06:51 PM

R350
i bought the hexomat for the rear - to cover with the 3rd row down. When i got it i used a utility knive and a yard stick to cut the mat - right where the seam is for the 3rd row. So now i have 2 mats. One that i leave in while the 3rd row seats are up and a second i put in when the 3rd row seats are folded down. It works really well for me. I also roll up this extra piece and it fits just right into the storage compartment where the subwoofer is - so i always have it with me in case we need to get some things from home depot that are muddy...

I also bought the 2nd row seat one piece hexomat and put it down to protect that hump of carpet in the center. If you find the right place they wull cut it so you get more a little section in the center to protect all the way back to the 3rd row if you don;t have the center console. I just put the stock floormats on top of the hexomat there. so far it has worked well. For me i just want to protect from the kids milk, water spills and the snow when wet mainly in that area. I had a line on an r350 that had the tan seats with a black floor/cargo area -but that one got away. I think they all should come that way. It's really hard to keep the light colored floors looking nice long term.

Also don't buy hexomats from amazon - search google there are better prices out there.

-j
Old 08-27-2009, 08:25 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
CL63, 2014 ML63, 2008 ML63, R500, GLK
Originally Posted by R King Kong
Looking to purchase a cargo mat for my R350. I have found mats or all season mats that only cover the small portion of the cargo area when the third row seats are up. But could not find one that is made for the R class that is large enough to cover the entire cargo space with the third row seats down. I would prefer an all season mat that is flexible enough to cover the back of the third row seats Independently up or down. I found a website that sells a canvas version for the ML class but ofcourse not for the R class. I would be satisfied with a well made mat that covers the entire cargo area with the third row seats down. Has anyone been able to find a large enough cargo mat made for the R class? Any inputs would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Just got mine from Lloyd's. Fits and looks damn good for a cheap price.