R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Ouch!!!Wife just wrecked the R.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-27-2010, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
r500
Ouch!!!Wife just wrecked the R.

She drove it through a ditch that had a concrete pipe sticking out of it....ripped the front end up and then the pipe ripped a hole in the gas tank..........luckily nobody was hurt.....found out that the R can't be put into neutral without the car running.....we had to use dollies to pull the car onto the flatbed.....it is now sitting at our local body shop....police said that a similar accident last month ended up with a car flipping over, but that because of the build and weight of our car (he actually called it a tank), we will be able to continue to enjoy it once repaired.

Last edited by Zoweee; 06-27-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:26 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
08 R350, 07 Acura RL, 1989 Honda Shadow VLX600 (10K miles)
Sorry to hear the accident.
I am glad that everyone is Okay.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2007 R-500
Z,

I'm also glad that all is well with your wife. I can imagine how scary that must have been for her - and how joyful for you to hear that she was ok.

We were at a Chevy dealership yesterday to test drive a Traverse. My wife had driven one in CA while on a business trip last week and said she liked it.

While waiting for the salesman to bring the car out, we saw a damaged S-Class on top of a transporter. It looked as though it had struck something a glancing blow from the front and rolled over. The door frames were damaged but appeared to be latched to the frame. The roof was crumpled but there didn't appear to be much intrusion into the passenger compartment. I didn't have the presence of mind to take a picture. I suspect the MB folks will get a close look when the VIN comes to their notice.

JR