R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Serious problem with Sirius radio in '08 R350

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
Serious problem with Sirius radio in '08 R350

We bought our R350 CPO this past January. The Sirius radio "timed out" or stopped working in March this past year. Anyway my wife really misses it and had a few stations she listened to regularly on her commute that you just can't get on local radio. Anyway I thought I would surprise her by re activating it. As right now the only channel that works is the weather band.

Long and short I called Sirius today with credit card in hand ready to buy a year subscription or longer. I gave them the ESN: number that the comand in the car prompts you and the Sirrius rep tells me I can't activate my cars Sirius because it's already activated via the previous owner of the car.

The problem is the cars Sirius doesn't work anymore. Anyway Sirius tells me that I need to contact the dealer and get the previous owners info?? Of which as expected after calling the dealer they cannot give this info and say I need to bring the car in for an appointment, and call Sirius while I'm there etc... Anyone else have this problem? If my Sirius radio doesn't work how can it still be activated? Also Sirius says the account (Previous Owner) has a $180 balance?? that needs to be paid first WTH? Why is this my problem.
Old 07-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R350
I had a similar problem with a used XM unit I had bought on ebay for my Alpine stereo.They said there was a $300+ balance on it...what saved me was that I had (2) other XM radios, and I told them if they would not activate it, just go ahead and cancel all of them, and I would switch to Sirius. (this was way before their merger) They went ahead and activated it. Drove the car 6months, sold it, and got a new one that already had sirius, so cancelled anyway and switched them all out.