R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Comand Screen not working

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 04:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 R350
Comand Screen not working

I have a 2006 R350 and the Comand system screen just has lines across it and fuzzy pictures. You can shut it on and off and each time the screen looks different. The radio, CD player,... all work fine and can be adjusted by the streering wheel controls. Do I need to replace the whole system or is there a simple adjustment. I also have other electrical related problems in the vehicle ( ie electronic trunk opener not working, rear DVD player not working ), not sure if it is any relation or not ( we just bought the vehicle used at an auction )
Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
S320 GL350
Hope you got a good deal. I would guess the dealer might swap out the entire head unit...but just a guess.

The most important thing to know is are the rear DVD screens factory units or aftermarket jury-rigs? You said rear DVD screen so perhaps you have the Mercedes aftermarket unit that mounts to the rear of the front console?

The head units sometimes come up for sale on ebay. You probably don't want to know what they cost at the dealer. I've heard rumours of the newer ones going for 4 or 5 thousand.