R-Class (W251) Produced 2006-2013: R320CDI, R350, R420CDI, R500

Having a problem with my third row heating/ Air Conditioning vents

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 09:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R KLASSE
Having a problem with my third row heating/ Air Conditioning vents

Having a problem with my third row heating/ Air Conditioning vents on the third row of my ’08 R350. These are the vents mounted on the inside of the quarter panel just below the glass. For some reason they are no longer working, I remember when they did a substantial amount of air would flow through. With the fan turned on it’s highest setting every vent in the car is putting plenty of air out but not the very back rear.

Quick history, our last service visit for the car, they repaired something in the hatch (still not fixed) but anyway they had all the carpet pulled up when they called us to pick up the car, the detailer actually had to button the carpet and such back up because the techs were gone after hours. On this same visit we had a module replaced as well that had failed and made the serious radio quit working so I wonder if something under the rug was left unplugged?
Just as a shot in the dark I plan to take the car in for this next week but was wondering if any of you might know where or if there is a spate control module that controls the vents in the far back separately? Or maybe a fuse or something else. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 R350 & 2008 C300
First thing to check is the second row climate controls. Make sure its not just turned off. When the cars are plugged into the computer, it does a dynastic and turns off everything, radio, climate control, ect. If its on and your still not getting air, choose the top/face setting only, this will over ride the climate control and give you air to the chosen setting. If there still isn't air coming out, then theres a good chance that when they had everything apart they didn't reconnect a fitting somewhere. From your story, it sounds like the techs weren't finished with your car in the first place, so they didn't have all the lose ends fixed yet.